Sunday, April 6, 2008

What an amazing day...


Well, another day has come and gone and I feel extremely blessed by all that has happened throughout this day. Peter and I have met together with friends for worship, we've shared some fellowship over lunch, we've provided some much loved close friends and corps members with home-made 'ministry meals', we've prayed for people, we've thanked God for all He's blessed us with, and we've seen The Holy Spirit move people in worship... and that's just been in the last 8 hours! I have no doubt that through the Spirit ministering to people we've seen lives change, people challenged, and people continuing to search and seek after God as they journey along this crazy road of life.


And throughout the day there's been a verse going through my head...


"But if you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29


And so, that's the verse I am feeling really challenged by today. I feel really challenged to seek God in the ordinary, everyday parts of life... and then to share with others what I've learned.


I guess if I'm honest, I've really been struggling with my Christian journey lately. I've found myself being so caught up ministering to others, that I have not really been allowing God to minister to me. I've read the Scriptures for ministry purposes, but not for leisure, not for devotion, not for my own growth. I've spent time in prayer with and for others, but have been letting my own personal prayer time slip by the way side. But I thank God that even when I stray, even when I don't do what I know I should be doing, God can still use me, and he never gives up on me. I'm not too sure what God has got in store for me next, but I get the feeling that something BIG is going to happen. After all, God is a God of the ordinary, and He is a God of the EXTRAordinary...


So, stay tuned to see what lies ahead on my own journey through life.


Blessings,


Ainsley


5 Things I'm Thankful for....


1. Forgiveness

2. Life and breath to keep on living

3. The power of prayer

4. The Holy Spirit's guidance

5. The vision God has placed within my heart for His church here in Beechworth

No comments: