Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's Been A While...

Mmm... well so much for my new blogging adventure! I had only entered one blog and could not enter any more because I had forgotten my password!!! Welcome to my world... forgetting things is the story of my life really... anyway, after FINALLY working out how to reset my password, I am back in the BWWOB (Big Wide World Of Blogging).

It's been a busy time since my last blog. Since my last entry, we've celebrated Easter (and what a busy time that was) and spent some time with my parents as they came to stay with us for Easter, we've had more visitors (Catherine and Lauren- you girls rock and are welcome to come back anytime!), we've been back to my old ministry ground, Maryborough, where we celebrated our God-children's birthday parties (I'[ll post some pics soon), I have been busily trying to train Georgia after her disgraceful antics last week, and now we're preparing for the rest of the week and Sunday worship, as well as tidying up a bit before our friends Lyn and Richard and their son Hamish come to visit tomorrow... oh what a busy time.

So, what has the infamous Georgia been up to you ask? Well, apart from weeing in excitement every time we have visitors she has also taken to jumping on anything that moves (including the old man across the road who was out in his garden - nearly knocking him over) and last week when she was walking off the lead (which she USED to do quite well) she saw a lady getting into a car and decided to make a run for it, bounding along and jumping into the car, much to the horror of the poor unsuspecting lady! Needless to say, Georgia was in the doghouse (literally) for the rest of the day and now she is undergoing some very serious training before being allowed out on the lead again. Oh, the joys of puppy hood! Things may start to settle down (hopefully!) in a few weeks though, as she is having a little trip to the vets... Mmm... need I say any more?

Well, apart from the antics of Georgia, life in the McMaster household has been pretty uneventful. I've been feeling HEAPS better lately and have SO much more energy, thanks to a visit to a naturopath and some herbal supplements that have made a HUGE difference already to my life. OK, OK, so the downside is that most of the tablets and stuff taste horrible, but I don't mind too much becausethey are working well at this stage. Praise God!

Mmm... what else can I tell you?

Oh, I have been out digging in the garden recently... after some fairly good rainfall a week or two back I went out and dug over my veggie patch and turned over the soil (with Georgia's "help"), and am now waiting for another nice day when I can get out there and do it all again... and I also can't wait to start growing some very yummy fruit and veggies of my own. Food always tastes better when you grow it or make it on your own.

Peter and I have also set ourselves a challenge this month- we are participating in "NO JUNK APRIL". We've decided to avoid all junk foods for a WHOLE MONTH in order to try to eat more healthily, and so far, so good, although it's only officially day one today, we started a few days early and so far so good! Anyone want to join us? It's not too late to start!

Well, that's about it from me at this point, so I'll sign off and get a bit more planning done before lunch.

Lots of love and blessings,

Ainsley

P.S. My friend Megan issued a challenge last year to think of 5 things each day to be thankful for... so here's mine for today...

5 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR...

1. Fresh food and drink in abundance
2. The love of great friends and family
3. God's wonderful provisions
4. A wonderful, gorgeous, and very supportive husband
5. A church full of people bursting with God's love

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thats so funny about Georgia and the old man and lady... mind you I reckon it would have been quite embarrassing too... lol and I can just imagine her helping you dig the garden up.... very entertaining read there...

Love Catherine..